IBS 2024: Onsite Construction vs. Offsite
The Construction Side of Onsite vs. Offsite: How the Processes Differ
Tuesday, February 27 | 8:30AM – 9:30AM PST | LVCC – West 207
Given current challenges posed by a fragmented supply chain and a limited labor pool, it’s imperative to evaluate your company’s need and readiness for a new approach to home building.
Join this session for a detailed comparison of traditional stick-built and modular construction methods and learn the steps necessary to transition your construction business effectively.
Attendees will gain insights into how the construction techniques and processes differ, including collaboration with manufacturers, site preparation and factory-built unit installation. Explore distinctions in finishing homes on-site versus using modular units and understand the backend policies and administrative adjustments required for a seamless shift to offsite construction.
What You’ll Learn
- Gain a deeper understanding of modular processes and how they differ from site-built construction
- Discover the primary differences between finishing a site-built home and units delivered by a modular factory
- Understand the modular construction costs to ensure your projects are completed on time and within budget
- Identify methods to vet, engage and partner with a modular manufacturer
- Kenneth Semler, Impresa Companies
- Registration Type: Expo+Education Pass
- Track: Building Techniques & Strategies
- Format: Building Knowledge Session
- Level of Content: Intermediate
- Who Should Attend: Multifamily Builders & Developers, Single Family Builders – Custom, Single Family Builders – General Contracting, Production, Spec/Tract
- Sponsor: Lowe’s PRO
Las Vegas Convention Center
For more information, click here.