If you’re looking for ways to transform your home into a more comfortable and relaxing retreat, consider implementing spa décor ideas. These techniques are not just for turning your bathroom into a spa-inspired oasis, but they can also transform your entire household into a calming sanctuary.
Stress is an inevitable part of life, but learning to relax and cope with life’s demands by visiting a spa helps to promote relaxation, peace and tranquility. Known as “temples of healing”, spas have been a relief from stress since ancient times. Romans and Greeks treated spa activity as rituals, with aromatherapy rub downs, mineral baths for healing, steam vapors with fragrant oils and cleansing sands.
Who doesn’t love a good spa day? Relaxing in a warm bath, listening to meditative music, and feeling tranquil. It’s a great way to destress and prepare for the week ahead. But why should it always be necessary to travel to a resort in order to experience such a luxurious state of relaxation? What if you could bring the spa experience home to give you the escape you seek without ever having to leave your home?
Enjoy an at home spa with just a few simple décor changes that will help you feel relaxed every time you step into your home!
Table of Contents
Key Reasons to Apply Spa Décor to Your Home
There’s no doubt about it – a spa-inspired home is the ultimate in relaxation and luxury. Not only will your guests be impressed when they visit, but you’ll also enjoy coming home to a space that feels like a haven of peace and tranquility. There are many reasons to love spa décor, such as:
- Spa Décor is an experiential design style that leaves a lasting comforting impression on all who engage with it
- Spa Décor, when implemented expertly, will increase the value of your home, as it is conducive to fostering a relaxing and peaceful lifestyle that is highly sought after by many prospective homebuyers
- Spa Décor can serve as an effective wellness program by creating a 5-star, spa-like atmosphere at home that feels like an escapist luxury vacation
- Spa Décor is an effective way to entertain guests, as they will view your home as a source of rejuvenation and a reprieve from their stressful lifestyles
8 Spa Décor Ideas for Your Home
If you’re looking to create an atmosphere of a relaxation, you’ll want to consider incorporating several of the following décor ideas. From serene color schemes to plush fabrics to soothing aromatherapy, these eight spa décor techniques will have you feeling Zen in no time!
- Choose Light Colors
- Incorporate Greenery throughout Your Home
- Curate Vintage Rugs for Charm
- Opt for Calming Coastal Motifs
- Play with Warm Light
- Invest in Luxury Textiles
- Add Mirrors for Luxurious Airiness
- Use Wooden Accessories for Natural Beauty
1. Choose Light Colors
One simple way to set the tone for relaxation is by choosing a calming color scheme. Soft hues, like pale blue, green, or lavender, promote feelings of peace and tranquility.
- You can incorporate these colors into your décor by painting walls, choosing furnishings, hanging artwork, or adding decorative wallpaper
- Calming light colors will also make a small space feel larger
- Use light-colored drapery to let in natural light for a feeling of airiness
- Add “pops” of color with towels, candles, or other accessories
- Use a dramatic wall mural to transform a wall into a floral or Zen Tokyo garden retreat
2. Incorporate Greenery throughout Your Home
One of the easiest ways to add a spa-like feeling to your home is to incorporate greenery. You can achieve this in several ways, from adding potted plants around the house to hanging green vines on the walls. Not only will this make your space feel more tranquil, but it can also help to purify the air. Easy to care for plants and potted trees, such as citrus trees or citronella, have the added benefit of providing a calming aroma to your home.
If you don’t have a green thumb, plenty of faux plants look just as good as the real thing. You can also use dried herbs and flowers like lavender or decorative moss instead.
3. Curate Vintage Rugs for Charm
Vintage rugs are a proven way to add charm and character to your home spa. Rugs can provide visual interest and comfort underfoot, making them the perfect addition to any space. You can use them as a floor covering or hang them on the walls for decoration. You can find a wide selection of vintage rugs at local antique stores, flea markets, or reputable online rug stores.
Consider using contemporary rugs if you want a more modern look for your home spa. These rugs are available in a variety of materials, textures, colors and patterns, as well.
Remember that the texture is critical when creating a relaxing atmosphere. You can soften up hard or cold floors with a plush rug or two, and your feet will thank you every time you step out of the shower!
4. Opt for Calming Coastal Motifs
Coastal Motifs are a popular choice for many homeowners. The colors of the sea and sand can create a calming atmosphere in your home spa.
- Adding coastal-themed paintings, wall murals, sculptures, and other pieces of décor will help you achieve this look
- Consider using shells, starfish, coral, or stones that will give your space an instant spa feeling
- Adding different bamboo and wicker details, such as baskets, plates, and trays will project a hospitable tropical charm
Whatever route you choose, remember that the goal is to create a space that feels relaxing and tranquil to you.
5. Play with Warm Light
The lighting in your home can significantly impact how you feel. To create a spa-like atmosphere, you should choose use warm, soft light wherever possible.
- Candles are a great way to add extra warmth and ambiance to your space
- You can also experiment using lamps with softer bulbs to help create perfect, calming moods
- LED garlands can be used for elements of intimate coziness
6. Invest in Luxury Textiles
When it comes to spa-like decor, investing in luxurious textiles is a must. High-quality linen, towels, robes, blankets and slippers will make you feel pampered and spoiled every time you step out of the shower, get into bed, or just lounge around the house. Opt for luxurious materials like silk, velvet, or organic linen that are soft to the touch and will make you feel pampered. Plus, they’ll add an extra touch of luxury to your space.
Texture also plays an essential role in creating a relaxing atmosphere. Incorporating plush fabrics like velvet or sheepskin can add visual interest, as well as make a space feel more inviting. Adding these materials to your sofa, chairs, or bedding will give your home a luxurious spa-like feel.
Another critical element of spa-like décor is having plenty of storage for all your products and towels. Investing in some stylish shelves or baskets will help keep your bathroom looking clean and organized. If you want to go the extra mile, consider adding a small fridge to store chilled drinks or face masks.
Privacy is also crucial when creating a spa-like atmosphere. Adding screens or curtains to windows and doors will provide an extra sense of privacy.
7. Add Mirrors for Luxurious Airiness
Adding mirrors to your spa décor is a great way to increase the value of your home:
- Mirrors provide an optical illusion of having more space
- Mirrors help to reflect light, making your spa feel brighter and more inviting
- Mirrors can give your space the appearance of luxurious, a high-end resort, such as a placing a large mirror above a soaking tub or in front of a relaxation area
8. Use Wooden Accessories for Natural Beauty
Wooden accessories are a great way to add natural beauty to your spa décor. They can give your home a spa-like feel without breaking the bank. They can also help to create a more relaxing atmosphere. A few wooden accessories you should use include:
- Candle Holders
- Wooden Bathtub Tray
If you’re looking for something more substantial, consider investing in a wooden bathtub or sink. Also, you can use a simple wooden tray to hold candles, soaps, or other bath essentials. Adding a few wooden shelves to your bathroom can give it a more spa-like appearance, as well.
When it comes to creating a relaxing, spa-like atmosphere in your home, you can make a dramatic difference just by implementing a few key elements. By playing with warm light, investing in luxury textiles, and adding mirrors for a bit of extra visual interest, you can easily create a space that feels both calming and luxurious.
If you use some of the spa décor ideas above, you will not only see, but more importantly, you will experience how easy it is to create a relaxing atmosphere at home. So what are you waiting for? Get started today – after all, you deserve it!
This article was written by Peter Emmanuel Rossi, a guest contributor. Based in New York, Peter is a professional hot tub designer, who creates bespoke hot tubs for clients all over the world – from San Francisco to Paris, Dubai, London and Tokyo. He also owns and operates ByRossi, an online media company that covers the hot tub and spa industry, including maintaining an extensive collection of hot tub reviews.
More Recommended Interior Design Articles
- 3 Interior Design Features of UK Homes We Love in the US
- Improve Your Sleep with MG+BW’s 100% Organic Linen Bedding Collection
- How to Refresh Your Décor With Scout & Nimble
- How to Resolve Soundproofing Issues in Your Shared-Wall Home
- Why You Should Apply Cinematically Inspired Design to Your Home
- Top 5 Color Schemes for Your Living Room
- How to Apply Transformable Interior Design to Your Home
- Hidden Doors: A Secret Example of Transformable Design
|Purgula is reader-supported. When you click on links to other sites from our website, we may earn affiliate commissions, at no cost to you. If you find our content to be helpful, this is an easy way for you to support our mission. Thanks! Learn more.|